Saturday, September 20, 2008

Moving Forward

So, Friday was the memorial service for my sweet dear friend. In the viewing room all of her beautiful scrapbook pages and mini books were displayed for all her friends and family to see. She expressed her love for her family and friends, and her passion to make the world a better place through her art....her creations truly are works of art. Afterwards David took me to dinner and insisted I indulge in dessert and scrappiness. I am so lucky!
Sitting in my scrap room today I look around, I am reminded of her so much, and I realise that she would want us to keep scrapping...to let life continue and remember her in our art...in our lives...Aleida would want us to learn from her. To live life to it's fullest....experience everything and regret nothing. Today is my day to move forward. A huge thank you goes out to all who have been here for me through this. Your friendship means so much to me. Now, let's not remain sad but rejoice in the beauty and love that IS Aleida Franklin. She will always be with us, every where we go, and in everything we do. The world is a better place because she was a part of it.

So, moving forward - I have been working on Christmas cards. I know, a little early, but Christmas always makes me happy. Here they are!






2 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

Your cards are beautiful! I'm so glad that Dave spoiled you. You deserve it girly.
Ya the world is a better place because of her and I have learned alot from her life and her passing. HUGS to you.

Nancywithajones said...

hey my friend how are you doing?