Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The end is near....

Well, I went into my store today after work and it is a sad empty shell of the greatness it once was. I look back now and think about the first time I ever walked into a Recollections store, I was amazed at all the scrap goodies. I was like a kid in a candy store. To my left there were rows and rows of solid cardstocks that I would eventually learn to love as Bazzill card stock. The parameters of the store were marked in sections and filled with all sorts of yummy embellishments that I had never seen before. It was Recollections where I learned to love fantastic brands like Basic Gray, My Mind's Eye, American Crafts and Daisy D. They also introduced me to both Heidi's, Karen Foster, Tim Holtz and all 7 Gypsies. It was in Recollections that I learned that paper is for more than just scrapbooking and that bling is not just for jewelry. I learned how to use my passion for paper and crafting to reach out those around me. I learned how to open up and make new friends. It was here that I also learned how to stand up for myself and how to get what I want out of life. I have made so many great friends and so many great memories. For all you wonderful folks who shopped at the Greenville store, thank you for making my job such a joy. I wish you all the best, and hope you continue to create such beautiful works of art. To my co workers...I love you guys...all of you. You've made even the bad days fun, and I really appreciate all your hard work. I will never forget any of you and consider all of you friends. I'm always up for a crop, so just drop by and leave me a comment.

1 comment:

liz mataraza said...

what a bummer, huh? i used to hit the one in North Richland Hills about once a month. never did a class there but always stocked up. There's a great store in Colleyville...Scrapbook Pad.

btw, i found you at the diner and i live west of you in Weatherford. great blog, too!