Sunday, February 24, 2008

Inspirations and Revalations

Today was a day filled with reflection...and Excedrin. I slept til 1pm, which was nice because last week was a rough sleep week for me. When I got up I hung out with David for a little while and watched him play some game where he was blowing up gang members in the inner cities. Not a game for the kiddos! After I finally got bored with that I came into my scrap room to play. I've been in here for 3 days trying to get inspired and nothing....No cards, no layouts, not even tags. I pulled out supplies, looked at all the pretty colors and ribbons and jewels....nothing. I blamed my lack of creativity on the lack of perfect organization of my space so I started tearing up and re-cleaning my room for the 3rd time this month. About half way through this process I started putting in movies. The first movie was "You've Got Mail". It really is one of my favorite movies. I know it's practically the same movie as "Sleepless in Seattle", but I love it so much more. I got to the part where the book store is closing and Meg Ryan's character is talking about how sad she is and I started to cry. Then I looked around at all the stuff I had scattered around my room. It occurred to me that maybe I wasn't trying to reorganize my room, but that I was trying to recapture a little piece of Recollections in my space. I really didn't spend much time mourning the loss of such a great store...life moves too fast for that. But I did that today. I finally cleaned out all my bags, put away all my goodies, and organized all my project kits. After that I felt a little better and I was finally able to create again. I made a few samples with my MM Curling Tag. I also used this as an excuse to make a LO for "Scrappin' to the Music". It's probably too late to get into the slide show, but I was inspired all the same, and in the grand scheme of things that's what matters anyway.

4 comments:

ricanlaw said...

This is a great post Jessi, one from the heart. Also at mine. I miss the store too. But I firmly believe another opportunity is waiting for us. I am happy to see that you did do something and for my site. I think you might still make the slide show. Keep your fingers crossed.

Scrapping The Music said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Christiane said...

thanks for playing along and i love the colors and the design here!! have a nice day!!

ShellyH said...

Great Layout! I love to scrapbook too, I wish I had more time in my day to do it!